Monday is looking for a Design Lead to join our Vancouver-based team. In this role you’ll exercise your creativity, leadership and mentorship skills daily. You’ll be tasked with managing and mentoring our design team, giving feedback on their work and supporting them in reaching their individual performance goals. You’ll also act as the lead creative on key branding projects and fill in any other gaps in design and art direction for our varied roster of clients.
The person best suited for this role is a passionate brand designer who knows the Direct-to-Consumer / Retail space like the back of their hand but can also flex into corporate and higher ed projects with ease.
You're a self-starter and know how to confidently engage with clients, manage project scope and ensure your work maps back to a larger brand strategy. You will report to our Creative Director, while working closely with the wider Monday team.
To apply: Submit your resume and cover letter here. We want to know who you are and what you sound like, so we’ll only consider applications that include a cover letter.
DAY TO DAY YOU WILL
- Develop and execute visual identities, assets and campaigns for Monday’s roster of clients
- Oversee our designers, giving them direction and feedback on project work
- Mentor and manage the design team as they work towards personal and professional goals
- Keep tabs on your project scope and timelines, ensuring you and the design team are equipped to do your roles, and to stay within budget
- Keep an eye out for opportunities to grow accounts with key existing clients and loop in account managers as needed
- Develop and implement creative briefs
- Work closely with strategists, creative director and leadership
- Collaborate with and direct external designers, animators, videographers and photographers
- Act as a final set of eyes on documents before they go out to clients
- Participate in daily huddle, weekly team meeting, quarterly offsite and annual retreat
- Carefully track your hours and adhere to project scope set out by the Project Manager
QUALITIES AND SKILLS YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- You have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a lead creative role (Art Director or Senior Designer) at an agency or brand
- You have experience managing designers, photographers and stylists and giving feedback on their work
- You know how to translate strategy to design and write a comprehensive brief
- You're incredibly comfortable facilitating client discoveries and presentations, and asking the questions you need answers to
- You are an excellent communicator—you’re very comfortable presenting your work to clients and leading conversations. You know how to ask the right questions to get the information you need.
- You understand direct-to-consumer retail and have a passion for how brands live across various channels.
- You have a keen understanding of omnichannel marketing—including web, email, social, paid media and OOH
- You’re an entrepreneurial spirit who enjoys a fast-paced environment
- You’re able to give and receive feedback with grace
- You’re a self-starter who is deeply organized—you’ll be touching multiple projects at once, so keeping tabs on your deadlines, to-dos and calendar will be key
- You’re a relentless learner who loves diving into a new topic
- You have a proven ability to work with a cross-functional team and collaborate
- You take full personal responsibility for your life and actions. You never blame—you find solutions.
- You are passionate about the outdoors and living an active lifestyle
THESE WOULD BE REALLY NICE
- You hold a degree in design, marketing or related field, or equivalent experience
- A good understanding of user experience design principles for the web (both marketing and ecommerce websites) with experience creating IA and wireframes—and are comfortable giving direction to web developers.
TOOLS + SOFTWARE YOU’LL USE
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Google docs and sheets
- Gmail + GCal
- Harvest + Forecast
Reports to: Creative Director
Role type: Permanent
Works closely with: Insights, Strategy, Marketing
Located in: Vancouver, BC
Salary: $90,000–100,000 plus quarterly performance bonus
Closes: May 5, 2023